Today I visited Camden Market (saw cyber dog Lisa but it wasn't open while I was there so did not go in). It was a really great market, maybe one of my favourites.
Today kind of felt like Amazing Race: London on the tube. Got lost a LOT and therefore did not meet up with my Russian friend, Sasha until the Rock and Roll tour that took us into Soho. Pretty boring tours here but some really interesting points. Saw where the Beatles recorded as well as pubs that Mick Jagger performed in and hung out with Keith Richards and the street where Oasis took their album cover photo to their Morning Glory album. I saw where Elton John worked when he was 16 before his name was Elton John and many other great places that without taking notes are hard to remember! I saw where John Lennon and his wife met as well as where Paul Mcartney (spelling?) met his first wife.
I haven't seen many of the tourist attractions but I do not feel that leaving London without seeing these landmarks won't put a damper on my London experience as it has been great. Minus the crazy traffic! A 6 lane round about? WHATEVER! You see, all the buildings in london are an attraction so when you see the 'attractions' they are not as mind blowing.
Off to pick up my tickets for Wicked and an English Pub night out with my new friend then off to Belfast tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment