Sunday, 13 November 2011

Butter sandwiches and a stripper

Last night I went out with the family. Age range 24- late 60's to Dermot's brothers pub in Cookstown. It just so happened that we crashed somebody's surprise 30th birthday party and they had a spread on the table of sandwiches and seriously what you would imagine an Irish party platter to look like (cocktail weiners, sausage rolls. As the night went on this blonde stripper shows up! Honestly it wasn't raunchy or anything but I guess I missed the leather belt bit.
Music is really similar and the new Rhianna song is like their anthem here since the publicity she got for filming on someones farmland topless. Older and young people all listen to the same pop music. Just through the actual bar area you can see another pub on the other side, that side all full of 80+ gentleman sitting at the bar with their pints, it was unreal. I loved it. I just wondered what they thought. It's so strange because we all speak the same language, but I miss half of the conversation unless someone is directly talking to me, then on 25% I miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment