Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Life in a backpack

No computer (although there seems to almost always be one handy), no cell and very little clothing options. Seemingly a lot of sinus medication since landing in Fermanagh. You'd think the drink would have eradicated any illness. I've met a lot more distant family members. For example: My grandma's brother’s wife and kids. Sounds simple but my grandma was one of 15 so imagine all the relations! She was interesting. Now 80 something she went off to work at the Banff springs when she was in her 20's and over to Winnipeg (God knows why there, work probably). Anyways it was interesting to see someone of her age travelling without settling overseas. Today is my last day in Fermanagh so a big party tonight although with my 8hr bus trip to limerick I'm quite wary about too much drink. I almost made it two days in a row but when an 80-year-old woman insists you take a drink, YOU TAKE A DRINK! Then I came to my 'home' with the offer of Irish Moonshine basically... when’s that going to happen again? Gross! It's called Ponce (ponch-ae). As I head south I must start looking for work. Eyes are on Galway although Dublin would be AMAZING, probably more affordable living in Galway as I start to settle and plan some mini-trips. So that's my update for now. Going swimming today. Maybe my first form of exercise except for dancing since landing.

No comments:

Post a Comment