I'm rewriting last night's drunken banter (while sipping a glass of rose from lunch: Irish Stew). Heathrow airport may in fact be hell on earth, with all the line ups and line ups and the line ups. But my flight was spectacular, just above the clouds so it was like a thick fluffy carpet and clear sky with light cloud and sun. I felt like I was in heaven looking out my window seat. Those of you who have ever talked to me about traveling know that flying is not my forte but I've been pretty blessed with nice flights. However, just outside Belfast was a thick black cloud as we were landing. Just a warning for the rainy weather to come. Oh and apparently one of the lead singers from boyzone was on my flight and Martina, my ride was like that's boyzone! But I couldn't understand here so I thought she was asking me about boys right off the flight! I was all, boys what? So he probably heard, never heard of them but I guess they're pretty big here for the past 10 years.
Last night's dinner gathering was wonderful. 4 desserts people, seriously? YES! A chocolate cake at the end, "welcome to Ireland Mary." How sweet? And a couple Bushmill nightcaps. The house here is beautiful in Cookstown. Looking out the dinning rooma nd living room as I write this there's a acres of green grass and oak trees. It's just beautiful. Maybe I'll stroll out to see their cattle later.
It's really interesting learning all the different wordings and meanings. Conversations a bit rocky at times with my "pardon?" interuptions but better than I thought. I like how traditional people seem to be, and open at the same time. Like, in England the gentleman are just that. There's a nice air about peoples temperment over there. I have yet to go out in Ireland but tonight we're going to a brother of the couple I'm staying withs pub. Harrys? Should be some good crack there. That's irish for fun.
I do need to start planning the rest of my trip around Ireland. Planning also not my forte, but everyone else seems to have a good idea of when I'm going to visit them so that's helpful! Looking forward to meeting some more of my Irish cousins tomorrow, sunday night disco? Sure.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete