Thursday, 17 November 2011

One week today.

It's been a couple days since my last post. I'm still out in the country with family. Seems like this entire town is related in some way or another. Every restaurant, pub, shop etc... narrow roads and big families! I've really been noticing the subtle differences. How every room has a door and how you close it after you enter it, how you keep your shoes on, unless someone has carpeting upstairs, how potato bread or soda bread (which are both delish!)are options I've never heard of. Sunday was afternoon tea, we know it as thanksgiving or easter dinner because that was the portion size and food variety. Irish fry's are good, but not good for you. We know them as hangover breakfast (only better). People are so happy to show you how to get places instead of just telling you, I wonder if it's because there's not much to do in the country? I know what it's like in a small town, all the time in the world! Oh, I'm still in Arboe, right outside cookstown by the way. Yesterday I took myself to Belfast via bus. Lovely city, was hoping I'd want to set up shop sorta speak, but no. Been there done that, check! Great shops and buildings and the people are lovely. Carrying on. The other day I wore my tiara hat and visited some castles and local landmarks (no, no pubs were involved on this tour)! I wonder though, can being a tourist lead to too much polite superficial conversation? I run the risk of turning into a 'nice' person if I don't get some roots soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment