Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Protests in London Town

No, not occupy London, students have a voice too you know! There were maybe 20 students protesting outside The National Gallery and 5 times that many police officers if not 10x. And a helicopter... I was thinking, shit did somebody bomb something? But I guess last year it was a real problem.

Rewind: Met a new friend today on my bus tours, she's from Russia and by luck she gives gallery tours for tourists! It was great because she knew so much about the different paintings that it was so much more enjoyable. We spent the day getting lost in different markets, china town and various areas and I had my first pint accompanied by fish and chips... don't forget the mashy peas! Delish. One of the markets we got lost in was Portobello Market and it ranged from no fucking way I'm paying for that to, shit it's that cheap? One place we went to was called "One of a kind" and the chick closed the story and gave us a tour in the back room. I guess the owner collects vintage fashion, louis, channel, D&B etc and some of the stuff isn't even for sale he just likes to share his collection but the rest is hundreds to thousands. It was a pretty cool tour. Better than most of the paintings in the National museum, which, by the way, you can see online so you don't even have to visit London!  We walked in the park past kensington Palace but never turned over so tomorrow I have a lot of sight seeing to catch up on and going to see WICKED!

People are so awesome and friendly here. I seem to be chatting with some lovely Brits.


No comments:

Post a Comment