Monday, 2 January 2012

A time for resolve.

My nephew would be happy to know I brought my party pants to Maguires Bridge in Fermanagh for New Years 2012! Okay, the pants were in the form of purple tights to compliment my asymmetrical leopard dress but you get the metaphor. New years was a great time and I spoke with a jolly gypsy, (just don't call them that to their face). For some odd reason there were a group of 'travelers' in my families local, I must say they were a well behaved group and when the load of their wife's came in to collect cash one said, "and mind your manners will you!" I'm sure they weren't so polite come midnight but they left and me and my younger cousins were off for a night of taxi rides and craic hunting. Three cabs and five pubs later we found our dancy spot. We were literally dancing on broken glass on one place, that stay was short lived. I partied in three different towns that night and no worries if you weren't done your drink before leaving as every place provided a to-go cup. Seriously? Yep. And you could drink in the cabs no worries. As if. Ireland you are a giant enabler. I spent the weekend at the homestead out on the lake with a few of my cousins and it was so peaceful, a narrow long lane away from any other farm land. Quite enjoyable. I am happy with the amount of photos I took only wish I could give them my mac treatment but had I gone out fifteen minutes later you would have seen showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment