Tuesday, 10 January 2012

10/10

Now I don't mean to sound like an asshole and I don't want to jinx it but I have found the most perfect little fourth floor apartment in Portrush. It's overlooking the beach and golf course. I kind of think I could write something amazing sitting at my unusually high breakfast table. There is a giant Church of Ireland right outside my window and a Protestant church to the left of my building so I guess I have some gods watching out for me. Or same god, not sure what their beliefs are there. My place is completely furnished, I'm talking two tallboys in the fridge furnished. Vacuum, utensils, furniture, six lighters in the drawer furnished. It's pretty cute because the entrance is on the third floor to which I open my door to two story stairs with a love seat, table and chair at the separating landing. Why I'd want to sit there staring at stairs going each way is beyond me but it's character I suppose. It's right downtown, a five minute walk from my work. I can not wait to go for runs along the water and there's endless shops right next-door (and pubs). I won't have a computer but I am two minutes from the public library. I've never lived in my own apartment (because I've always rented basement suites) and it's all pretty unbelievable to me right now that I can afford this little slice of heaven on earth. Work starts on Thursday and I went with family for lunch today so looking forward to getting the menu under my belt. It's no Atlas Cafe menu but it's nice to be a part of a place that cares about giving good service as it's the first time I've experienced it in Ireland (except for at that place I worked for two hours in Dungannon the other night, but I was working not eatting, so...) Next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment