Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Rome wasn't built in a day.

The reason for that being the title is it was on the 'tele'. And it struck a cord. I had a crazy dream last night. It was about a high school teacher from my childhood school. One of the two big ones. She wasn't mine, but knew me well enough just the same. She told or asked, (dreams are always hard to recall), but the just is she stated that I'm afraid of achieving my dreams. The truth is that I haven't had a dream or any sort of real feeling of ambition since I pursued my advertising career in Vancouver several years ago. I hesitantly say that I now know that that type of writing (restricted and scrutinized) is not for me but when I think back I still get a tightness in my chest. I've never really found resolve. I think because when you have such a strong dream that it consumes you and you have the chance to touch it, it's hard to let that dream go. What does this tid-bit have to do with "My Grand Travels" you may be asking? It's the catalyst for my travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment