Thursday, 26 January 2012
A welcome mat of waves
This is how I was greeted by the staff and the scenery outside the restaurant window. It's like night and day, it really is and I look forward to starting on a regular basis come Monday. And, I'm am starting to get an idea of just how small the town I live in as I start meeting more people and frequenting the same places, I find it both intimidating and homey.
The other day I spent a girls day out window shopping my street, (one of the only streets here) full of shops, pubs, restaurants and hotels. Most were tourist traps but I found a couple gems that really lit me up. Across the road is a local Photographer named Peter Nash ( http://www.peternashphotography.co.uk/ ), I may become an annoying fan with his shop as he displays some beautiful, moving print work of scenery in and nearby Portrush. You'll die. It's great. The shop next door is up my alley as well, full of local and Uk work like pieces of a fence with inspirational typography on it. Genius. Really. I eat that shit up. And a local artist that designs cards. And tarot cards, all eco-friendly etc you get the picture I'm painting kind-of-place: zen.
On another note: Despite that orange silk ribbon from the Dublin MOMA exhibit, "I wish your wish", falling off my wrist some time ago I still am no closer to knowing what I want to be. But, I am realizing the things that bring me joy and make me feel energetic: photography, modern artwork, writing and food. And not in that order necessarily. So, I guess I could write a cookbook but how does one go about publishing one? And is it wrong to plagiarize other peoples recipes if you put your own twist on it? I've seen it done lots in advertising and that still sells. It's an idea anyways.
I am also researching a trip to Amsterdam that will hopefully take place within a months time. Yee ha! (How embarrasing?) I look forward to a couple of the main attractions there and no, I do not believe I will be par-taking in any freedom of smoke, FYI.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment