It's a crisp clear day. Today was the first time I've actually had the privilege to take in the sights around my seasonal seaside town. Gorgeous. I was walking around near-stupid smiling the entire time. I just went for a little stroll around the block around the waters edge and regretted not wearing my glasses as the sights are as beautiful near as they are afar, (I just couldn't quite take in the far)! Today was my first time going to a butchers by myself and purchasing meat, as tonight I'm going to make my first decent meal in my apartment: Chicken vegetable stirfry with sweet and sour sauce as it's pretty much that flavour or sweet chilli in stores here! The butcher is only a 30 second walk from my doorstep and must say that I may eat meat more regularly as the butcher is quite cute. I also went to a little grocery store around the corner which I will be frequenting as the fridges over here are small. Tomorrow I will be touring the town more with my cousins girlfriend, Gemma. My one friend in town so far but I don't think others are far off as some of the people I work with seem cool. There's a bar in-between my work and apartment that has karoke on weekends, I will make no friends there I'm sure.
Hey Canadians, want to become instantly popular and loved? Come to Ireland. Even though the first question from customers is am I American once they find out I'm Canadian they're shaking my hand like I'm the president and ask me so many questions it's prety awesome. And they seem to tip pretty well too (although the staff shares the tips). Everyone asks what I'm doing here etc etc and I don't mind sharing the same story about that!
I love the restaurant outside my window on the waters edge. Last night I had a delicious vegetarian enchilada with my cousin. Hey Atlas, snap peas in an enchilada actually works! Tasty. Anyways, "that's me." I was walking around thinking in my head about all the things I was going to share and it was going to be a terrible blog entry of random thoughts but now I can't seem to think of anything! (Oh, and the voice in my head is starting to sound like an Irish person so I must fight that or I'll come back accented.) Oh! But welst (haha, that's not Irish just smart) on my walk I saw so many puppies! (Dogs.) I friggin love it because they're friendly dogs here as aposed to the scary country side mean dogs. This is a total dog-walking town and dog people are so friendly and I just so happen to LOVE dogs so it's great. People let me pet them. Ha! You can imagine my excitement. Cheerio.
No comments:
Post a Comment