Saturday, 10 December 2011

Picture perfect.

The other night I was walking home, in Craough (well, my home until Monday) down this narrow ill-lit country road on a dark windy night and I couldn't help but take a moment and appreciate how beautiful and peaceful it was. Then I smiled like an idiot because sometimes the voice in my head says, "you're in Ireland dog!" Yes, apparently I have an American Idol Judge narration in my head. The strange part about that walk is I didn't have to worry about any wildlife coming out of the woodwork, just fast driving cars. Last night was another Irish moment at my cousins engagement party in a small local pub, where I saw my first live band perform here. The real Irish singing took place after last call, old fashion army songs I'm guessing. I requestion Sir Mixalot but I guess that wasn't an option. Then driving home we crammed 10 people in a taxi van meant for seven home and away we went down the narrow roads again at half two. (That's Irish for two-thirty.) Tonight I'm going to see my very first Mice race. I'm assuming it's like horse racing but with mice... it's for charity anyway so what the heck?

No comments:

Post a Comment