Wednesday, 14 December 2011

"A day like any other."

Exhibit at the Museum of Modern Arts by Rivane Neuenschwander. Google this person OMG it blew my mind. The museum was closed except this one exhibit. Good enough. The first room was just paintins of tiles, floors and walls: rooms. The next looked like torn wallpaper with toliet paper scattered on the ground and dripping water noises coming from the wall. Some people may be thinking, I dont' get art. But it was a cool experience. THEN! The best room, at first thought I thought this is shit, but the exhibit was called "I wish your wish" and it was all these wishes typed on coloured silk ribons. You could take a ribon and replace it with one of your wishes. The one I took said "I wish I knew what I wanted to be when I grow up." For me, it's more than just career aspirations, kind of like, what do I want out of this life, that'll take a lot of effort to answer now though. You're instructed to tie the wish around your wrist and by the time it fades or falls off your wish should come true. Cool, eh? The other room I thought was wicked was portraits of your first love. There was times set up where you could speak to a professional criminal sketch artists and describe the person you first loved. What an interesting artist eh? I'm pretty obsessed at the mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment