Tuesday, 13 December 2011
Dublin in a day.
It took me a whole of two seconds to fall in love with Dublin. It's so beautiful. I unknowingly booked a hostel with the Liffey River at its doorstep and in the middle of everything. It's themed with writers and playwriters which is pretty cool.
Today I hopped on and off the Dublin bus tour. I visited Trinity College, which, probably just to mess with me, the book of kells could not be viewed today, yesterday, or tomorrow. Not meant to be. The campus is stunning, however.
Most places I just window-viewed but I did go into the Writers Museum. Afterwards I somewhat regret but it had some interesting points. Although I am unfamiliar with most of the work, some names are obviously more well known than others. It was interesting to see their writing on paper, from so long ago. Really inspiring. Shitty looking too. There's hope yet.
The highlight had to be the Guiness Brewery tour. Seriously. It was better than I thought. After yesterdays mishab I thought I may skip it but glad I didn't. It's so futuristic and fun. At the very top of the self-guided tour on the seventh floor is a bar where you can see all of Dublin, and the sun was out for icing. It tried snowing today, my first glance at the white stuff this year, but sun won.
Temple Bar area is pretty touristy, but also pretty irishy. Love hearing all the live music walking along the street, tonight I'm going to check out some live comedy. Hope it's funny. I'm expecting dry, sarcastic, crude, yet charming Dublin. Accents are much easier to understand the more south you get I find too.
I think I'll go to the shopping district for some delicious ethnic food. My pho and burrito were amazing yesterday... hopefully I stumble across good sushi, it's been over a month!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment