When I moved into my apartment the realtor man neglected to mention the evident noise pollution of a mocking mass of seagulls, daily swarming above my window to greet me good morning in their friendly fashion I imagine. Seagulls and I have very different opinions of friendly it seems. Their idea is annoying and I'd be upset but they're just fucking seagulls so that must mean the weather isn't so bad.
I just started reading "PS, I Love You." If I ever figure out how someone could possibly possess enough words and detailed story plots to write 500 pages several times over I think I have found an unknowing mentor in Cecila Ahern. I'm momentarily obsessed with her writing, starting backyards, of course with her newest, to middle, then her first book. It's interesting to see the progression that way. Normally I wouldn't read a book to which I've already seen the major motion picture. Normally I wouldn't cry either. The lady in the used book store in Portstewart where I bought the book for £2 informed me that it was so good even her husband read it. So fellas...
I read on this cheesy card the other week, (the kind I love), that the biggest distance between us is time. In my case it is actual distance although funilly enough I feel like I could be only living as far as Vancouver. I miss the unlimited phone calls, over-sized dinners with friends and family and low-key couch banter but that'll have to wait until I'm still unsure when.
And a quick travel update if you'll excuse my personal-growth exercise on my literary skills. Still loving my place, the town, my job. Definitely a learning curve and finding it once again hard to fully understand what people are saying, but a smile goes far. I don't care what Cat Stevens says. I've found the most beautiful running route, although I've only managed to walk it so far. Between work and the stairs to my apartment I don't really need the additional cardio, but it can't hurt. And I have managed to visit my local, (and not make an ass of myself I must triumphantly add - obviously not the same night some loved ones got a mid-afternoon phone call from me).
So hopefully you found that uneventful entry written artfully enough to be somewhat entertained about nothing. Worked for Seinfeld.
No comments:
Post a Comment