Monday, 27 February 2012

Here I am in Amsterdam safe and stoned. Sound! I mean, safe and sound. Totally haven´t made it to a cafe yet. Today was a very hurtful day on my feet. I´ve travelled many miles in these addidas today, most of which was a pacing motion for getting lost so much. I don´t know how people do it high, Amsterdam is a complicated city to get around, and please don´t tell me the street name as I cannot retain Dutch yet. Thanks though, friendly people!
Thankfully today on the train fom the airport to downtown I made a friend for the day. On and 8 hour layover from New York to his Home in Amsterdam Tsvki ..close enough I hope, accompanied me around town. Very interesting as I never met anyone from Israel. On our travels we made friends with this trio of two Canadian gents and a London bloke. Where else am I going to go with four strange early twenty something boys. Red Light District. It a different and slightly disappointing experience as I wouldn´t call most of the women attractive and they all looked quite angry in the window actually, understandably the one banging and yelling at my Israel friend taking photos BIG NO NO! And please excuse the lack of punctuation the keyboard isn´t doing what it says so i´m limiting my stylistic additions. Anyways, I could bring myself to stare at the angry window ladies too much, maybe I would be more bold if it was night time but the unadmiting feminist in me felt quite discuss with hem actually. I washed my hands before eating lunch with my day friends.
Tomorrow is my bus-boat tour which I´m looking forward to. But with only an hour on each I´m pondering what I will fill my days with besides the Anne Frank Huis. A girl can only go to H and M so many times, I don´t care how many there are in this city! What up with that Amsterdam. Two would be more than sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment