Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Being present

It's 7am here on the Farm in Ardboe. Birds are chirping and the sun is warming my back through the open blinds. Yesterday I took a quick road trip to my familys' because even when you're away you have to get away from it all sometimes! I forgot how cathartic a bus trip can be... all that thinking while looking out at moving grass and sheep.
Yesterday I got the news that my brother got engaged. (This was after the bus trip - more thinking!) Not unexpected but great news! A long relationship but short engagement it looks like. It's a good motivator for me to hurry up with my trips and hurry up with any more weight loss I hope to obtain! Wine's a fruit right? Ugh. At least I started running again. Running on sand is a welcomed change with a sore neck from twisting it left staring at the rolling waves, sometimes jolting right if my judgement on how far they're going to roll in is off.
I still wake up and go to sleep feeling lucky that it sounds as if the waves are crashing into my apartment building. Those damn seagulls remind me now and then that their conversation is unwelcome through my window at ungodly hours.
Once I see my upcoming work-week there may be a last minute trip to Edinburough, the place I thought I'd live in the UK. Hopefully I don't fall in love with it.
Oh and for those of you wondering, my St Patricks day was quite shit. But I always find that most days that you HAVE to do something fun turn out that way.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary,
    Just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your blog. Sitting on my back deck in the sunshine, catching up on your grand travels ... carpe diem :)
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete